DOUBLE MODULE: Kriya, Flow and Art of Teaching / Awareness and Lifestyle
September 14, 2018 - September 27, 2018| $1700 if you register AND pay in full before June 22; $2100 thereafter
Kriya, Flow, & the Art of Teaching
All of us have potential which is beyond our wildest dreams, but much of this remains untapped, we exist at a certain level of awareness, perhaps sensing that something is missing, but not knowing quite what. The yogic practice of kriya is designed to awaken us out of our slumber so we can flower into our highest potential.
The term Kriya comes from the root of the Sanskrit word literally meaning ‘to do.’ Kriya often refers to a completed action that achieves a specific result and involves work with the body, energy, and mind simultaneously. To act with Kriya, the action is aligned with the higher self. In Kundalini Yoga, a kriya is a sequence of postures, breath, and sound that are integrated together to allow the manifestation of a particular energetic and mental state.
When we practice kriya we open to deep levels of presence and relaxation. The parts seamlessly flow into an experience of the whole. Both teacher and students enter a new level of concentration and openness. We develop a state of greater health, peace of mind, and mental stability. We open to a state of intellectual clarity, higher spiritual knowledge and awareness, a state where one is both useful to themselves, and to mankind.
This 60-hour module offers an in-depth look at the role of kriya in creating lasting transformational experiences, and the ability of the teacher to act from their greater sense of Self. Participants will explore the experiences delivered through various kriyas from both the perspective of student and teacher. We investigate the subtlety of teaching; including the issues that come up around our own shadow and the student-teacher relationship. We consider the role of the teacher as a ‘transformational experience catalyst with developed sensitivity and presence.’ We investigate the deeper dimensions of being a teacher: as torchbearers of light to the rest of world.
This module is a powerful opportunity to move beyond your current patterns to emerge radiant and present to your uniqueness as an individual and teacher.
Kriya, Flow, & the Art of Teaching Course Goals
- Understand the structure and mechanism of Kriya
- Explore a variety of kriyas and their purpose
- Explore the relationship of kriya, student, teacher and underlying Truth
- Discover kriya and the subtle energy of the chakras
- Cultivate a state of kriya and teach from that place
- Use kriya as a practice to consciously encounter your ego and habits
- Understand the shadow and ways to stay alert to your tendencies
- Explore practices, meditations, and exercises for developing more authenticity and wholeness as a teacher
- Understand teacher as a guide to the ONE in many
- Apply the ideas and principles of kriya and flow into our own practice, life, and teaching
- Cultivate the bliss that comes from lived integrity, and living with a full heart and full self
Awareness & Lifestyle
All of us have the potential to be leaders of our own self. We have the capacity for altruistic love, wholeness, and harmony. What stands in our way are our limited beliefs, our habits, our years of conditioned behavior, a dullness of mind and spirit. We are actually living to just a fraction of what is possible.
Yoga is about a union between self and the infinite. It holds a promise to take us into the fullest life we can have through the cultivation of awareness: the ability to stand back and to observe one’s mental and physical activities from a neutral space. Kundalini energy is the expression of full awareness, of our awakened inner identity. What we are awakening to is the resonance between ourselves and all of creation.
We each have the ability to create a huge impact. We are leading and teaching with every action. As we grow in awareness we shed skins like a snake. We gain new perspectives, cultivate supportive habits and expand in our ability to perceive the underlying Truth of each situation. We become more aligned with our inner guidance and a sense of the sacred.
This 60-hour module is an invitation to explore the deeper dimensions of your self and to review and refine your identity and projection in the world. We look at consciously understanding the role of habits and engaging in those that align with our heart and mission. We explore the ability to look at where we are and to bring that living light into what we do, creating an attitude of respect and sweetness in our inter-relations.
We explore the role of teachers to project hope, faith and a consistency between spiritual values and practices. We look at the fundamental tenets put forth in theYAMAS andNIYAMAS, regarding how we can all grow individually while taking into account and embracing others, realizing that we are all a unique composition reflecting the totality. Are we just practicing yoga on the mat, or are we taking it into the world with what we do? We explore the fundamental question: How do I bring the qualities that I evolve within myself into balance with my connection and my interdependence with all that I am a part of, including my communities, families, and nations?
Awareness & Lifestyle Course Goals
- Increase awareness of self in relation to inner patterns, habits, relationships and work at large
- Develop knowledge, skills, and perspectives to effectively take your yoga off the mat and into the world
- Explore powerful practices to move through blocks and increase awareness, presence, and magnetism
- Refine your natural leadership qualities – aligning values and actions
- Identify your commitments and passions. Define your mission statement – What you are teaching and modeling for others
- Apply a newfound awareness to your practice, lifestyle, conscious actions, teaching and ability to positively impact others
Themes Covered in This Module
- Understand your habits -supportive, promoting and demoting. Consciously create positive habits that align with your heart and service in the world
- Explore the principles of Living it, loving it, and leading it
- LIVING IT: Living with Authenticity – explore your own moral code: beliefs, values, and purpose in behavior to self and others
- LOVING IT: Identify your commitments and passions. Define or refine your mission statement – Where do you want to make a difference
- LEADING IT: Refine your natural leadership qualities. Making an impact: off the mat and into the world. Balance between individual responsibility and community
- INCREASING AWARENESS: Awaken greater awareness through the practice of specific kriyas, pranayama, and meditations
- Explore our ability to create an impact through development of personal presence
- Sadhana – Cultivating discipline around what your awareness has awakened
Two payment options are Early Bird and Normal: Early Bird price is $1700. To receive this discount, the $1700 payment must be made in full by June 22. If payment in full is made after June 22, normal price is $2100. $200 Deposit immediately required to register for either option. Sign up Early to reserve your space. This training will fill up fast.
Price for this training does not include accommodation and food. Please make arrangements through the Himalayan Institute. Approximately $95/day for a shared room.