- This event has passed.
200-Hour Teacher Training
July 30, 2017 - August 22, 2017| $3000 for tuition and manual. $500 non-refundable deposit due at time of application. Accommodation additional.
Immerse yourself in the Radiant Body Yoga 200 HR Teacher Training at the Himalayan Institute in the Poconos.
This training combines the technical precision of Ashtanga and Iyengar with the subtle dimensions of Kundalini. The training is a comprehensive, life affirming process that explores the healing and transformational practices of yoga, and empowers students on their personal path and as a teacher. Come and initiate an effortless flow of wisdom, so that teaching becomes not so much a simple regurgitation of what has been learned, but a sharing from ones own experience and an inner place of connection and peace.
The training comprises two modules – Part 1: The Foundation of Yoga and Part 2: The Subtle Body. Both modules are taught during the training.
COST: $3000 for tuition and manual. $500 non-refundable deposit due at time of application. (Tuition refunds are available up to 6 weeks (42 days) before training date.) Register by April 25th and save $250 ($2,725).
ACCOMMODATION: Around $2000 depending on room type.
MODULE 1: The Foundation of Yoga
The first 100-hour module teaches students the fundamental philosophies and practices of yoga. Students will systematically break down the asana practice to its basic elements, exploring western anatomy of the body, creative sequencing, and how to prevent and manage injury. Specific pranayama and meditation practices will be introduced along with an understanding of the Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga. Emphasis is on learning key teaching skills and techniques, and developing a Sadhana – a personal practice.
THE FOUNDATION OF YOGA TRAINING MODULE INCLUDES
- Exploration of asana, optimal alignment, use of props, risks and benefits
- Western Anatomy – functional anatomy as it relates to yoga practice
- Creating yoga sequences from beginners to advanced
- Hands on adjustments
- Injury prevention and management
- Yogic history, philosophy and the 8 limbs of yoga
- Introduction to pranayama and meditation
- Sanskrit pronunciation
- Developing your voice as a teacher
- Practice teaching groups and individuals
- Strategies for teaching beginners and advanced students
- Sadhana – developing a personal practice
- Yoga for Pregnancy
MODULE 2: The Subtle Body
The second 100-hour module teaches students the fundamental philosophies and subtle energy practices of yoga. Learn how to access and balance your creative source energy and methods to attain an elevated state of awareness. Course includes an in-depth study of the subtle body, kriyas, bhandas, mantra, philosophy and meditation. Explore practices and sequencing from an energetic perspective and further develop your skills and voice as a teacher.
THE SUBTLE BODY TRAINING MODULE INCLUDES
- Chakras, koshas, prana vayus, and nadis
- Bhandas and Kundalini Shakti
- Philosophy – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Pranayama – Creating balance through the breath
- Mantra – The power and science of chanting
- Kriya and Energy sequencing principles – Generate/ Organize/ Deliver
- Meditation – Functions of the mind and meditation practices
- Ayurveda – The science of optimum health
- Different types of Yoga – Restorative