All of us have the potential to be leaders of our own self. We have the capacity for altruistic love, wholeness, and harmony. What stands in our way are our limited beliefs, our habits, our years of conditioned behavior, a dullness of mind and spirit. We are actually living to just a fraction of what is possible.
Yoga is about a union between self and the infinite. It holds a promise to take us into the fullest life we can have through the cultivation of awareness: the ability to stand back and to observe one’s mental and physical activities from a neutral space. Kundalini energy is the expression of full awareness, of our awakened inner identity. What we are awakening to is the resonance between ourselves and all of creation.
We each have the ability to create a huge impact. We are leading and teaching with every action. As we grow in awareness we shed skins like a snake. We gain new perspectives, cultivate supportive habits and expand in our ability to perceive the underlying Truth of each situation. We become more aligned with our inner guidance and a sense of the sacred.
We look at the fundamental tenets put forth in the YAMAS and NIYAMAS, regarding how we can all grow individually while taking into account and embracing others, realizing that we are all a unique composition reflecting the totality. Are we just practicing yoga on the mat, or are we taking it into the world with what we do? We explore the fundamental question: How do I bring the qualities that I evolve within myself into balance with my connection and my interdependence with all that I am a part of, including my communities, families, and nations?
- Arrival: September 21
- Training starts on September 22 at 6am
- Training ends on September 27 at 2pm
Our Advanced Training modules can be adapted to your needs and time frame. Take them to simply deepen your practice, or as Continuing Education Credits or work towards your 300- HR certificate as intensely or as gradually (up to 3 years) as it suits your schedule and skills.
Those seeking a 300 hr Yoga Alliance registered certification must have a 200-hour certificate with RBY or any other registered school and are required to take all 5 modules. There is no time limit. Once all modules are completed you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-500 level.
These 60-hour modules are open to all yoga students who are interested in further study even if they don’t intend to complete a 300-hour certification (3 years of practice required).
How to Enroll
To receive the early bird discount, payment in full must be received by June 22.
Price for this training does not include accommodation and food. Please make arrangements through the Himalayan Institute. Approximately $95/day for a shared room.
After you pay, you will receive a link to the teacher training application form. You must complete this form to be accepted into the training. If for some reason Kia does not approve your application, you will receive a refund.
- Increase awareness of self in relation to inner patterns, habits, relationships and work at large
- Develop knowledge, skills, and perspectives to effectively take your yoga off the mat and into the world
- Explore powerful practices to move through blocks and increase awareness, presence, and magnetism
- Refine your natural leadership qualities – aligning values and actions
- Identify your commitments and passions. Define your mission statement – What you are teaching and modeling for others
- Apply a newfound awareness to your practice, lifestyle, conscious actions, teaching and ability to positively impact others
- Understand your habits -supportive, promoting and demoting. Consciously create positive habits that align with your heart and service in the world
- Explore the principles of Living it, loving it, and leading it
- LIVING IT: Living with Authenticity – explore your own moral code: beliefs, values, and purpose in behavior to self and others
- LOVING IT: Identify your commitments and passions. Define or refine your mission statement – Where do you want to make a difference
- LEADING IT: Refine your natural leadership qualities. Making an impact: off the mat and into the world. Balance between individual responsibility and community
- INCREASING AWARENESS: Awaken greater awareness through the practice of specific kriyas, pranayama, and meditations
- Explore our ability to create an impact through development of personal presence
- Sadhana – Cultivating discipline around what your awareness has awakened
Do I have to be a teacher to attend these training modules?
No, you do not have to be a teacher. Everyone is welcome. These modules are designed to deepen your experience of yoga as a practitioner, to develop your radiance and presence as a human being, and to provide more tools for sharing the practice with others.
There will be suggested reading for each program that will support the material covered.
Can I apply a 200-Hr from another school of yoga?
We will accept all applicants of registered Yoga Alliance 200-Hr trainings. We carefully select our teachers in training so that they are prepared for the curriculum. Depending on the nature of the yoga school you attended you may be given extra study to do in order to be up to speed with the material covered in these modules.
What are the prerequisites for attending this training?
If you are doing this to deepen your understanding and practice of yoga you must have a regular asana practice, a thirst to know more, and a commitment to do the work entailed. If you are doing this as a 300-hr certification you need to hold a 200-hr certificate.
If I have no intention of teaching, how will I benefit?
Any serious practitioner of yoga can benefit immensely from taking these modules. They offer a deeper look at the subtle and transformational practices of yoga like pranayama, meditation, kriya, kundalini, lifestyle and leadership choices. You will develop the capacity and commitment to integrate these teachings into your own practice and life. You will have an opportunity to connect to yourself at a deeper level, to evaluate what is important to you, to build your radiance and projection through embodying the practices, and develop your ability to positively impact others.
How will I know if I am accepted into the program?
Within two weeks of filling out your application you will hear back from us.
How long will it take to complete the RBY 300-Hr modules?
You can complete the program at your own pace and based on your particular interests. The modules are offered in various locations every 12-18 months. It is recommended that you space them out to allow for full integration of the materials covered.
To reserve your space at the Himalayan Institute, call (800) 822-4547 ext. 22, Daily 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST
The minimalist design creates a sense of peace, allowing you to let go of the busyness of your daily life. Here, your mind can be free from distractions as you enjoy the beautiful and peaceful surroundings that the Retreat Center has to offer.
The total cost of your stay consists of the cost of accommodations, mandatory meal plan fee of $30 per day/pp (not included in room rate), and program tuition where applicable. Full payment is required at time of registration and can be made with VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
Our nutritionally balanced vegetarian meals are freshly prepared by our kitchen staff and served with homemade whole-wheat bread and homemade gluten-free bread.
As much as possible, we try to provide special diet options, although we may not be able to meet all dietary requests.