Yoga Alliance Certified
July 30 – August 23rd 2017 | Himalayan Institute, PA, USA
COST: $5000 for 23-day training includes tuition, manual, shared accommodation at the Himalayan Institute and meals.
with Kia Miller, assisted by Sierra Hollister
January 8 – 14 2018 | March 7 – 11 2018 | May 18 – 27 2018
LOCATION: Asheville Yoga Center, Asheville NC, USA
COST: $3100 (you save $150 with early bird which expires August 4, 2017). Does not include accommodation
About the 200-Hour RBY Teacher Training
Radiant Body is a holistic approach to yoga, which has its roots in the ancient Kundalini and Tantric traditions. This path is dedicated to helping people live with greater awareness so they can help others to do the same. The practice offers a potent combination of pranayama, asana, intelligent use of the bandhas and a profound understanding of the subtle body. This includes knowledge of the koshas, kleshas, gunas, visualization, use of kriya, yogic history and philosophy.
The Radiant Body Yoga teacher training combines the technical precision of Ashtanga and Iyengar with the subtle dimensions of Kundalini. The training is a comprehensive, life affirming process that explores the healing and transformational practices of yoga, and empowers students on their personal path and as a teacher. Come and initiate an effortless flow of wisdom, so that teaching becomes not so much a simple regurgitation of what has been learned, but a sharing from ones own experience and an inner place of connection and peace.
The foundational (200-hour) program includes basic techniques, asana practice, ethics of yoga, western anatomy, sequencing, the 8-limbed path, pranayama, meditation, the subtle body, the art and science of teaching and philosophy including core yogic concepts and the Radiant Body orientation toward healing and transformation. This training is ideal for serious students and aspiring teachers.
The training comprises two modules – Part 1: The Foundation of Yoga and Part 2: The Subtle Body. Both modules are taught during the training.
Module 1: The Foundation of Yoga
The first 100-hour module teaches students the fundamental philosophies and practices of yoga. Students will systematically break down the asana practice to its basic elements, exploring western anatomy of the body, creative sequencing, and how to prevent and manage injury. Specific pranayama and meditation practices will be introduced along with an understanding of the Eight-Limbed Path of Yoga. Emphasis is on learning key teaching skills and techniques, and developing a Sadhana – a personal practice.
The Foundation of Yoga Training Module Includes
- Exploration of asana, optimal alignment, use of props, risks and benefits
- Western Anatomy – functional anatomy as it relates to yoga practice
- Creating yoga sequences from beginners to advanced
- Hands on adjustments
- Injury prevention and management
- Yogic history, philosophy and the 8 limbs of yoga
- Introduction to pranayama and meditation
- Sanskrit pronunciation
- Developing your voice as a teacher
- Practice teaching groups and individuals
- Strategies for teaching beginners and advanced students
- Sadhana – developing a personal practice
- Yoga for Pregnancy
Module 2: The Subtle Body
The second 100-hour module teaches students the fundamental philosophies and subtle energy practices of yoga. Learn how to access and balance your creative source energy and methods to attain an elevated state of awareness. Course includes an in-depth study of the subtle body, kriyas, bhandas, mantra, philosophy and meditation. Explore practices and sequencing from an energetic perspective and further develop your skills and voice as a teacher.
The Subtle Body Training Module Includes
- Chakras, koshas, prana vayus, and nadis
- Bhandas and Kundalini Shakti
- Philosophy – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Pranayama – Creating balance through the breath
- Mantra – The power and science of chanting
- Kriya and Energy sequencing principles – Generate/ Organize/ Deliver
- Meditation – Functions of the mind and meditation practices
- Ayurveda – The science of optimum health
- Different types of Yoga – Restorative