Kriya, Flow & The Art of Teaching
September 11 - September 16| $900 before July 1st; $1100 thereafter.
All of us have potential which is beyond our wildest dreams, but much of this remains untapped, we exist at a certain level of awareness, perhaps sensing that something is missing, but not knowing quite what. The yogic practice of kriya is designed to awaken us out of our slumber so we can flower into our highest potential.
The term kriya comes from the root of the Sanskrit word literally meaning ‘to do.’ Kriya often refers to a completed action that achieves a specific result and involves work with the body, energy and mind simultaneously. To act with kriya, the action is aligned with the higher self. In Kundalini Yoga, a kriya is a sequence of postures, breath, and sound that are integrated together to allow the manifestation of a particular energetic and mental state.
When we practice kriya we open to deep levels of presence and relaxation. The parts seamlessly flow into an experience of the whole. Both teacher and students enter a new level of concentration and openness. We develop a state of greater health, peace of mind, and mental stability. We open to a state of intellectual clarity, higher spiritual knowledge and awareness, a state where one is both useful to themselves, and to mankind.
This 60-hour module offers an in depth look at the role of kriya in creating lasting transformational experiences, and the ability of the teacher to act from their greater sense of Self. Participants will explore the experiences delivered through various kriyas from both the perspective of student and teacher. We investigate the subtlety of teaching; including the issues that come up around our own shadow and the student teacher relationship. We consider the role of teacher as a ‘transformational experience catalyst with developed sensitivity and presence.’ We investigate the deeper dimensions of being a teacher: as torchbearers of light to the rest of world.
This module is a powerful opportunity to move beyond your current patterns to emerge radiant and present to your uniqueness as an individual and teacher. Join Kia for a unique training experience in Rishikesh, India—the birthplace of yoga.
$900 before July 1st; $1100 thereafter. Price for this 6-day training does NOT include accommodation and food. Refunds available up to six weeks (42 days) before training date.
Kriya, Flow, & the Art of Teaching Course Goals
- Understand the structure and mechanism of kriya
- Explore a variety of kriyas and their purpose
- Explore the relationship of kriya, student, teacher and underlying Truth
- Discover kriya and the subtle energy of the chakras
- Cultivate a state of kriya and teach from that place
- Use kriya as a practice to consciously encounter your ego and habits
- Understand the shadow and ways to stay alert to your tendencies
- Explore practices, meditations, and exercises for developing more authenticity and wholeness as a teacher
- Understand teacher as a guide to the ONE in many
- Apply the ideas and principles of kriya and flow into our own practice, life and teaching
- Cultivate the bliss that comes from lived integrity, and living with a full heart and full self.