- This event has passed.
Mantra and The Yoga of Sound
October 30, 2017 - November 4, 2017| $1450 if you register AND pay in full by September 10; $1675 thereafter. This cost includes tuition, lodging, and three meals a day
“Mantra means anything that makes the mind steady. Whatever vibration makes the mind one-pointed and creates a sort of receptivity is a mantra.”
– Sri Swami Satchidananda
This 60-hour certification course offers an in-depth look at the power and practice of mantra and Naad Yoga. Participants will explore the different levels of listening, speech, chanting and the experience delivered through various mantras. They will learn how to integrate them into their own practice and how to share these practices with their students.
“Mantra” commonly refers to a word or phrase often repeated for self- motivation, or to express one’s basic beliefs. In the path of yoga, mantras are seen as words of power that hold energy, intention, and the promise of transformation. Mantra and listening practices are central to all yogic traditions. In Sanskrit man means mind and trang refers to a wave or projection. Therefore mantra is often described as a creative projection of the mind through sound.
Join Kia for a unique training experience in Rishikesh—the birthplace of yoga. These courses in India offer something special. You are studying in the very area where yogis for thousands of years have dedicated their lives to the practice of yoga. Everyone who comes feels the energy of this collective practice- just by being there and practicing all are elevated to new levels of awareness.
Two payment options are Early Bird and Normal: Early Bird price is $1450. To receive this discount, the $1450 payment must be made in full by September 10. If payment in full is made after September 10, normal price is $1675. $200 Deposit immediately required to register for either option. After Deposit, the Early Bird payment will be $1250 by September 10. After Deposit, the normal payment will be $1475.
This cost includes tuition, lodging, and three meals a day.
Mantra & the Yoga of Sound Course Goals
- Intro to Mantra and Naad Yoga
- Explore the science of sound
- Use mantra as a tool to calm the mind and make it one-pointed
- The relationship between sound and silence
- Understand the structure of various mantras and what makes them effective
- Explore the power of words, tone and underlying intention
- Using your voice and body like a musical instrument: the relationship between the navel, breath, voice, mind and heart
- Experience the different levels of listening and chanting
- Experience a variety of mantras and discover their effect
- Apply the practice of mantra in our life and classes
- How to lead mantras with a group and different ways to use mantra in your class
- Create a home mantra practice
When should you arrive?
Please arrive the day before the training to allow yourself space to get grounded and settled for the upcoming module.
What time does the training finish?
The training is typically finished in the afternoon on the last day of the module. Please allow 2-3 hours to be at the airport before your departure time.