Triphala – an Ayurvedic formula designed to tone the digestive tract and help with elimination, best to take around 4-5 tablets in the morning and before bed with warm water.
Warm water and lemon throughout the day (especially in the morning), and/or hot water with lemon and fresh ginger.
Enzymes to help break down toxic residue in the small intestine, take a couple per drink.
Probiotics to keep a healthy internal balance. My favorite for during and after cleansing is the Critical Colon from Ultimate Flora.
E3 LIVE either frozen or powdered. E3 LIVE provides more than 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fatty acids. It is an incredibly nutrient dense food.
Bentonite Clay can be taken once a day to help move things through your colon. It acts like a magnet, pulling heavy metals and toxins to it. Available at all Health Food Stores. Take as directed on the actual product label.
Psyllium is a fiber that also helps to keep moving things through your colon. The chia seeds you are consuming in your drinks are enough fibre for most. However if you feel you need more, take psyllium once a day.
I also highly recommend tongue scraping in the morning as it removes a layer of bacteria that collect on the tongue. Click here for product.
If you need to move your bowels use a natural herbal laxative like Super Cleanse from Nature’s Secret.
If you live in the USA and are unsure of where to buy these products, try Thrive Market, a membership site where everything is discounted by 30-50%.
Other Great Sources for Superfoods:
If you live in another country, check in with your local health-food store or local herbalist.
- Dr. Schulze Superfood Powder or similar
- Chia Seeds
- Bee Pollen (optional)
- Goji Berries
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Lacuma Powder
- Reishi, Cordyceps, Chaga – powdered forms are best. (My favorite source for these is Medicinal Foods. If it is out of your price range to purchase them all, just get the Reishi. I also love the Medicinal Foods ‘Cacao Elixir’ and ‘Living Greens.’
- Gynostemma Tea – I use the Dragon Herbs brand
- Pearl Powder Peaceful Spirit Teas
- Jing Herbs
- When drinking coconut water look for the Raw unpasteurized brands like Harmless Harvest.
Favorite Green Powder Powders:
- Living Greens by Medicinal Foods
- Vitamineral Green
- Greener Grasses from Healthforce